The SEE CINEMA NETWORK created a program for the funding of short fiction films in 2007. By providing financial assistance for the production of short films, the Network thus gives young filmmakers an opportunity to express their talent.
Regulations for submitting applications
1. Short fiction film productions whose running time does not exceed 15 minutes are eligible for examination.
2. While projects can be exclusively national productions of a SEE CINEMA NETWORK member-state, priority will be assigned to those that are structured as international co-productions between two or more NETWORK member-states. The participation of third-party co-producers from countries outside the NETWORK is permissible on a minority basis.
3. The producer, director and scriptwriter must all be from Network member-states.
4. Shooting of candidate projects may not begin earlier than the date on which their application will be evaluated by the NETWORK’s General Assembly.
5. The applicants’ files must be submitted to the cinema organization of the principal producer’s country of origin, marked for the attention of that country’s Network representative.
6. After selection, each national cinema organization can propose up to two projects per period to the Network General Assembly as candidates for funding.
7. The General Assembly examines candidate projects once a year (every June).
8. Up to seven projects per year are funded.
9. Funding is limited to a maximum of €10,000 per project.